quarta-feira, 6 de setembro de 2017

Living Is Choosing (optimism message)

                                                                   
Antoni BigCuore*

Local: Brazil,São Paulo,SP.


To live is to choose. As the book of Ecclesiastic says, chapter 15, verses 17 and 18: "HE WAS PUT BEFORE YOU WATER AND FIRE; EXTEND HAND FOR WHAT YOU DESIRE. LIFE AND DEATH, GOOD AND EVIL BEFORE MAN; WHAT TO CHOOSE THIS WILL BE GIVEN YOU. "

Man has free will; he has autonomy to choose good or evil. He is totally free for this, for God endowed him with will and reason.
Observe the small decisions of your day to day. Sleeping at 9 or 11? Sleep in pajamas or shorts? Dinner or not dinner? Eat meat or not to eat? Go to work or not? Go to church or not? Wear yellow or blue? To brush or not the teeth? Wear the first shoe of the right foot or the left? Wear social pants or sport? Wear yellow or white shirt?

Note that they are things of our daily life, but that depends solely and exclusively on an act of will, of personal choice. In the spiritual life the same thing. Do I choose to develop my talents or bury them? Am I going to study the word of God daily or ignore it? Am I truly a Disciple of Jesus or am I going to stay in the comfort zone? Will I try to win my great love or not?

Note, my brother and sister, that are small decisions that we make in the day to day, without the interference of anyone. It is merely a deliberate act of our personal will. Great decisions, nevertheless more complex, but never cease to be decisions, act of will of one or several people at the same time.
So why not always choose the best? Why not choose the ways of the Lord Jesus? Why choose sin? If the sanctified life is much more rewarding?

Why not choose HAPPINESS? Happiness is, above all, a choice! It is also a question of mental attitude. Why do not I condition my mind to always choose the best? What is positive, edifying for my life and for my soul? If it is raining I must realize that rain is a good thing, it makes the plants germinate that will feed humans and birds. If something unpleasant happens to me, I must realize that it could be worse.

Happiness is from the inside out. It is an interior disposition for the positive, for love, for giving to others. Here is the secret of happiness: to love God above everything and to neighbor as yourself!
Feeding good thoughts are also part of the process of being happy.
Happiness is the disposition of the soul and heart that comes from the good that I do to the other and from the return that this good causes.

(*) author is Friend of Good and Divulgator of the Word of God for the whole planet. Access his poetic and philosophical link: WWW.recantodasletras.com.br/autores/antonibigcuore and his BLOG BEM VIVER BRAZIL - antonibigcuore.blogspot.com (self-knowledge, spirituality and healthy life) (changed on 06.09.2017).

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário